Research Assistant / Survey Analyst
5 days left
- Full Time
Research Assistant (Statistical) / Survey Analyst position is open with a government contractor in spring or early summer 2017. The position will entail work on a variety of activities related to the nuclear energy sector. Work involves data collection and survey processing, projecting electric generation and fees, performing data quality checks, coding, editing, analyzing, correcting data, reporting, documentation and records management. Must be proficient using Microsoft word processing, spread sheet, database, and presentation applications. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience as well as outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Writing samples will be required.
Bachelor’s degree and US citizenship required.
Work is on-site at the Department of Energy in Washington, DC.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field of study directly applicable to the objective of this Solicitation.
- Two years experience applying statistical methods to survey or information processing systems including frame maintenance; data research, editing, analysis and interpretation; and in researching energy industry information.
Additional Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (EKSAs):
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Access at a highly proficient level.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply innovative modeling and data analysis methodologies to meet unusual data sets using Queries and Scripts.
- Understanding of requisite statistical theory and project experience involving the analysis of statistical sample design, survey data editing and quality control, estimation, imputation and time-series, and other energy market data analysis.
- Experience developing purpose appropriate statistical approaches and analyzing data using statistical techniques such as measurement of central tendency, dispersion, skewness, sampling error, simple and multiple correlation, linear and multiple regression, analysis of variance, and tests of significance.
- Experience in the use of statistics and of statistical software packages such as EViews, SAS, or similar software a plus.
- Experience with document processing and data entry including survey response tracking and entering data using custom built PC application software; editing, coding, and checking information for completeness, consistency, and quality; correcting errors and resolving survey reporting issues.
- Experience planning, training, directing, and reviewing the activities of data entry staff.
- Good oral, written, and graphic communication skills demonstrated in the contribution to survey reports, analytical reports, and/or statistical findings published in referred journals relating to the technical, statistical, or economic aspects of surveys or statistical analysis of the energy industry and in conducting data clarification and quality contacts with survey respondents.
Z, INC. is a professional services firm located in Silver Spring, MD. Founded in 1983 to provide IT and management consulting services to the Federal Government, we have established a proven track record of reliable performance in the Federal marketplace. Z, INC. has a history of long-term commitment to our Federal customers and our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- Profit sharing/401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation leave, sick leave, holiday leave
- Company paid employee life, short-term disability and AD&D insurance
- Major medical insurance
Apply for Research Assistant / Survey Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly