Senior Policy Analyst/Policy Analyst* (Job 2016-D) LTSS Data Analytics Team
2 days left
- Full Time
Position Title will be determined based upon the candidate's qualifications. Job Description
The Hilltop Institute at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) is seeking a Senior Policy Analyst or Policy Analyst to join its Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) data analytics team. Hilltop conducts sophisticated data analytics to support health care financing and delivery system reform in Maryland and other states. With access to an extensive onsite data warehouse that includes Medicaid and Medicare administrative data, hospital discharge data, nursing home assessment data, and LTSS assessment and program participation data, Hilltop’s LTSS team carries out cutting-edge exploratory analysis and econometric and predictive modeling to inform payment and program design, monitoring, and evaluation for older adults and people with chronic conditions and disabilities. Clients include Maryland’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Developmental Disabilities Administration, and Health Services Cost Review Commission, as well as the federal government and Medicaid agencies in a number of other states. Current projects include conducting analytics to support development of an integrated delivery system for individuals in Maryland who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid (dual eligibles) that spans acute care, post-acute care, and LTSS and aligns with Maryland’s new All-Payer Model for hospitals.
Hilltop seeks professionals with a keen interest in federal and state health policy, outstanding quantitative skills, and a passion for advancing the health and wellbeing of vulnerable populations. Hilltop’s LTSS data analytics team is at the forefront of national efforts to find data-driven solutions to complex problems facing state policymakers as publicly funded health care systems transition to new models that reward quality and value over volume. Hilltop is seeking a Senior Policy Analyst or Policy Analyst to join the LTSS team who understands the power of data-driven decision-making and the importance of the emerging field of data science in achieving the nation’s “triple aim” of better health care, improved health, and lower costs.
The Senior Policy Analyst/Policy Analyst will be responsible for carrying out research, policy, and quantitative analysis for publicly funded LTSS programs for older adults and individuals with chronic conditions and disabilities. As part of the Hilltop LTSS data analytics team, the analyst will contribute to:
- Exploratory analysis and econometric modeling on large data sets (e.g., Medicaid and Medicare administrative data, assessment data, hospital discharge data) using SAS and/or SQL
- Development of predictive modeling algorithms
- Development of risk-adjustment and payment methodologies for LTSS programs for dual eligibles
- Budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting for LTSS demonstrations and programs for Medicaid beneficiaries and dual eligibles
- Preparation of reports, issue briefs, and presentations on research findings for clients and professional audiences
In addition, the Senior Policy Analyst will be responsible for managing client relationships and directing multi-disciplinary project teams composed of researchers, policy analysts, and programmers.
- Policy Analyst: A master’s degree with course work in public policy/administration, data science, economics, research methods, gerontology, public health, or a related field, and one year of experience with some exposure to health services research, administration, and/or policy analysis. (A bachelor's degree plus three years of experience with some exposure to health services research, administration, and/or policy analysis may be substituted for the master’s degree and one year of experience).
- Senior Policy Analyst: A master’s degree with course work in public policy, data science, economics, research methods, gerontology, public health, or a related field, and five years of experience with some exposure to health services research, econometric modeling, and/or statistical analysis, preferably using medical claims data and/or large health services data sets. Must have the ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams and assume responsibility for managing staff, client relations, project work plans, deliverables, and budgets. (A bachelor's degree plus seven years of experience with exposure to health services research, econometric modeling, and/or statistical analysis, preferably using medical claims data and/or large health services data sets may be substituted for the master’s degree and five years of experience.)
The ideal candidate will possess the following professional and interpersonal competencies:
- Experience with SAS and/or SQL software
- Background in research, evaluation methodology, and projects involving large data sets
- Knowledge of publicly funded health insurance programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid
- Research interest and/or experience in LTSS
- Financial or governmental budgeting experience
- Ability to set priorities, lead project teams, effectively allocate resources, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and complete projects on time and within budget
For best consideration, submit a cover letter (indicating Job # 2016-D), resume, and the contact information for three professional references by December 16, 2016 (resumes will be accepted until position is filled) to:
LTSS Policy Analyst Search Committee
The Hilltop Institute
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word attachments required)*
*Note: If submitting materials electronically, the cover letter should be included in a separate attachment.
Personnel Status: Exempt, Full-time, Grant Funded (Note: This position is grant-funded, wherein employment is contingent upon the renewal of the grant.)
As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
UMBC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply for Senior Policy Analyst/Policy Analyst* (Job 2016-D) LTSS Data Analytics Team
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly