Oncology Certified Registered Nurse, RN OCN
Outstanding BSN Oncology Certified Registered Nurse, RN OCN Opportunity at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Fort Belvoir, VA!
Come Join Our Team of health care providers at Fort Belvoir and experience the pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Center Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday - Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Holidays! NO Call!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* 401K, STD, LTD!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
POSITION SUMMARY: Competitive salary/benefits in a collegial, professionally supportive and patient-focused military healthcare system. Our RN OCN opportunity offers a very manageable workflow and highly appreciative military/patient clientele.
RN OCN DUTIES: Include, but are not limited to the following:
* Assist in case management, counseling and monitoring of patients entering clinical trials
* Conduct patient and family education and counseling
* Obtain initial health history of patients
* Serve as an intermediary for community resources
* Be an information POC for institutions/national HQs
* Actively participate in multi-disciplinary team
* Monitor OCN QA and TQM activities within Radiology/Oncology Department
* Recognize/respond to emergencies
* Administer cancer-related treatment therapies, to include hormonal and Amifostine injections
* Education: Must have a BSN Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
* Licensure: Maintain a current and unrestricted RN license to practice nursing in any US State, District or Territory.
* Experience: Must have a minimum 3 years RN Oncology/Case Management experience within past 5 years.
* Certification: 1) Possess and maintain Oncology Nurse Certification (ONCC). 2) Maintain a current BLS certification (American Heart Association – Healthcare Provider).
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
* Other Required Knowledge: 1) Professional care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures. 2) A variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. 3) Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care. 4) Computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
SCHEDULING & STAFFING:
* Services shall be provided between the hours of 0700 - 1600, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. A thirty minute uncompensated lunch break will be given during the shift as determined by the clinical department.
RDStaffCO, a SBA certified, minority woman-owned and operated healthcare staffing services and contract management company headquartered in Bowie, MD. RDStaffCo provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.rdstaffco.com