Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Provides expert level design, test, and configuration engineering for software defined networking (SDN) initiatives working closely with application virtualization engineers and the O&M community/team.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users
- May perform network administration duties.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as technical team or task leader
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Cisco L2/L3
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- VMware NSX
- Juniper L2/L3
- Juniper Firewalls
- HP Apollo
- Dell VRTX