Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE or "The Corps") is one of the best in America! In the last three years alone, USACE has moved up 68 spots in the annual Best Places to Work in government rankings; ranking #111 of 320 agency subcomponents. Also, USACE ranked #128 out of 500 employers on Forbes' "America's Best Employers" of 2015 list. From this list, the Corps ranked #10 in the government services industry, #6 in the federal government, and #8 in the engineering field. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is an innovative, transformative organization providing engineering solutions to customers worldwide. Working at the Corps as a civilian employee means making a direct contribution to war fighters and their families; supporting overseas contingency operations; developing technology and systems that save the lives of soldiers and civilians; providing disaster relief; and protecting and enhancing the environment and the national economy.
About the Position:
This position is with the US Army Corps of Engineers, Army Geospatial Center in Alexandria, VA.
The is a Term position Not to Exceed 13 months. It is temporary and may be extended up to a maximum of four years.
This position requires up to 50% overseas deployment directly supporting the execution of contingency missions and operations.
This position requires the employee to remain deployable for 2 x 90 day deployments per year or 1 x 180 day deployment per year.
During the 90 days the incumbent will be subject to a work schedule of 7 days per week, 12 hours per day. This schedule entitles the employee to overtime pay above 40 hours, and includes weekend, night-time, and holiday differential pay as well.
Incremental rating cut-offs will be utilized starting 06 April 2017 for first cut off. After initial cut-off, applications will be reviewed and referred for selection as vacancies occur within the organization.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- 50% or Greater
- Up to 50% Outside the Continental US (OCONUS) for deployment purposes.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education AND experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience. Your our transcripts are required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Your resume must describe at least one year of specialized experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as:Utilizing geospatial tools and products, mapping software and hardware, working in a contingency operation and contract management.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Geospatial
- Knowledge of Data
- Knowledge of working as a program manager
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirement above, all jobs in this occupation must meet the education requirements.
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
This position has a positive education requirement. To view the education requirements, go to the link listed below for each series you are interested in applying for:
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- [Insert conditions of employment as applicable.]
In this position you will serve as a Deployed Site Lead in support of the High Resolution 3-Dimensional Terrain Data program, providing project management, operational support and leadership in support of overseas operations. In this position you are expected to identify and explore the most fruitful areas for methods relevant to the production, maintenance, and distribution of geographic information and services in relation to the Directorate's program. Assist in the formulation of development and modernization plans, incorporating lessons learned into current and future options, and proactively seeking resolution to unique problem sets encountered while deployed. Document and present findings to the unique problem to provide to the CONUS-based program and technical leads for follow on action.
Duties include the following:
- Managing a team of contractors for daily operations overseas in conduct of primary mission.
- Coordinating and scheduling Aircraft Operations to include obtaining required permissions and airspace coordination for all operations.
- Coordinating with US Military, Government Agencies, Host Nation and Private Users for the use of HR3D Data and products.
- Managing the Data Processing workflow of EO and LIDAR data and production of specialized geospatial/mapping products.
- Providing technical assistance to US Military, US Government, Coalition Partners and Host Nation on all matters related to the mission.
- Managing the distribution of HR3D data and products to AGC and other deployed users.
- Reviewing and approving operating plans and approaches, establishes overall project priorities, procedures, and short range goals.
- Resolving highly difficult technical and administrative project problems, obtaining approval, as required.