Regional Director, Quantico
Regional Director, Quantico
Office of Regional Center Operations
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 3.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Regional Director, Quantico in the office of Regional Center Operations. This person reports directly to the Assistant Vice-President of Regional Center Operations and provides leadership and direction for designated staff members located at geographically dispersed regional centers. The Regional Director has oversight of strategic initiatives for their sites to increase enrollments and services provided in order to advance university goals. The Director is responsible for developing, coordinating and providing executive leadership to site personnel to standardize daily operating procedures, analyze data to monitor departmental metrics and identify areas of improvement, and implement strategic initiatives.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide leadership and vision to develop, coordinate, and implement standardized daily operating procedures in order to create an exceptional student experience at the regional locations.
- Develop and strengthen external stakeholder relationships with corporate partners and community stakeholders to support revenue generating initiatives and advance enrollment goals.
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies, as outlined in the department and University strategic plans.
- Compile and analyze enrollment data to ensure enrollment goals are achieved while using various reporting tools available.
- Investigate and utilize relevant market research to develop strategies aimed at increasing the utilization of each site to impact enrollment goals.
- Develop the site teams to provide best in class student service.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to meet strategic recruitment and retention goals as well as to improve business processes.
- Coach, monitor and evaluate designated staff performance through various channels, including observations in employee's environment as it pertains to customer service and enrollment goals.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and five (5) years of experience managing people.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in supervising a diverse team and three (3) to five (5) years of enrollment management experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead highly effective teams to achieve or exceed stated goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of enrollment management trends as it pertains to meeting targeted recruitment and retention goals using advanced technology and other mediums.
- Demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated success in working with both internal and external stakeholders to advance strategic goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with both internal and external cultural, racial and ethnically diverse stakeholders to achieve innovative solutions.
- Strong commitment to exemplary customer service.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's Degree.
- Community college experience.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.