Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17015.Africa Sales
Location: Sandton, South Africa
Travel %: Less than 40%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
This role will be responsible for identifying, developing and managing new and ongoing business opportunities, for commercial satellite services in Central Africa. This role includes sales management of customers with various levels of revenue opportunities and different market segments, including Broadcasters and Network Service providers. The role will be promoting and developing Intelsat Media, Broadband Network, Internet and Government service offerings. This position is responsible for significant sales quota and is based in Sandton, South Africa.
Critical ResponsibilitiesAct as primary contact for assigned customers and liaise with other Intelsat departments as required to facilitate and support the generation of revenue through the assigned customer base. This will require frequent interaction with the respective customer base via customer visits, as well as written and verbal communication. Identify and qualify new customers and new opportunities on an ongoing basis. Be in charge of sales and marketing activities in Central Africa. Provide clear, concise, comprehensive and timely provision of Intelsat sales proposals, marketing literature as well as updated service and facility information to existing and potential customers in both a reactive as well as a proactive measure Maintain ongoing knowledge of Intelsat's services and new product offerings. Assist the Managing Sales Director in developing and implementing sales, drive actions, include a Sales and Revenue Plan, to meet or exceed the sales groups' objectives, including current revenue and backlog goals Provide detailed tracking and status information for each sales opportunity in SalesForce.com (or other similar tools) and other management reports
- Retain comprehensive knowledge of product and sales services applicable to assigned customer base and prospective customers.
- Provide reports to Intelsat management on status of current activities and advise on customer-related issues, regional priorities, sales activities and opportunities
- Travel internationally as require
- Must have university degree with at least 5 years of experience in sales within the telecommunications, satellite communications or media industry.
- Specific experience in selling high $ value, high-revenue, complex sales to a wide range of customers from technical representatives to management level preferred.
- Must have a proven ability to manage multiple tasks in multiple disciplines, with well-developed organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in French required.
- Demonstrated skill in making effective presentations required
- Must have a demonstrated ability to support the full life-cycle of each sales, supporting each stem from strategic planning to implementation/booking to relationship management over the life of the contract
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently.
- Experience with and exposure to the satellite telecommunications industry highly preferred
- Additional language is a plus
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.