TS Cleared Senior Systems Engineer
* Performs complex systems root cause analysis for mission critical resources and services.
* Perform installations, upgrades, patching, and monitoring of Nation Wide Enterprise Resources to maintain optimal efficiency
* Develop and maintain technical and procedural documentation for Windows environment including but not limited to Operating Systems, Storage, and Networking.
* Plans systems enhancements related to customer initiatives and requirements.
* Maintain all networking, storage, virtualization, and other resources of the customer's enclaves.
* Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
* Evaluate effectiveness of existing technologies, and considering emerging technologies. The candidate will explore emerging technology encountered in the field, through independent research.
* Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems of hardware and software systems utilized throughout the program.
* Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Microsoft Certification (MCSE, MCSA)
* Experience managing Active Directory Services at an enterprise level and Network Operations Monitoring.
* Experience configuring and managing a Windows 2012 R2 environment
* Experience with PowerShell creating and managing scripts
* Experience with Virtualization and clustering, Hyper-V highly desired
* Experience with various monitoring tools (e.g. Solarwinds, SCOM, Nagios, ect)
* Experience with storage technologies (SAN/NAS)
* Knowledge of networking protocols
* Knowledge of File Services and Azure IAAS and PAAS
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.