1 day left
- Full Time
Want to make an impact in a fast-paced marketing department? Interested in higher-education and nonprofit?
The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy, the leading publications in the higher-education and nonprofit sectors, is in search of a Marketing Specialist to join our high-energy team. The Marketing Specialist will work under the direction of the Senior Marketing Manager to execute a wide array of marketing and promotional campaigns for The Chronicle of Higher Education, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, and associated product lines to fulfill The Chronicle’s strategic marketing and promotional goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide campaign development, project management, execution, and analytical support to all marketing campaigns to support our Institutional Marketing, Corporate Marketing, and Chronicle Insights Marketing efforts.
- Work closely with the creative services, events, and product marketing teams to conceptualize and execute on compelling marketing campaigns to support above business channels.
- Coordinate the production of effective emails, landing pages, one sheets, print house ads, and web banner ads.
- Maintain project work schedules for multiple campaigns, working with internal clients to monitor and track progress to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Track performance of all campaign components including house ads, online banner ads, and newsletter ads, and incorporate results into regular reporting.
- Backup email marketing specialist in the production of e-mail marketing campaigns, including the creation of emails and landing pages, pulling list segments, deployment of e-mails, and tracking.
- Proof and edit materials for marketing department members as needed.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze campaign performance.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- Ability to be an independent contributor when necessary but work well within a matrixed marketing team.
- Excellent communication - written and oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to travel domestically up to five times per year.
- Knowledge/awareness of the higher education and nonprofit industries is a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or equivalent field of study is preferred.
Experience: 2+ years of experience in marketing role, preferably in the higher education and/or nonprofit sectors
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Specialist” in the subject heading. No phone calls, please.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive and we offer excellent benefits, such as comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and 24 days of paid vacation.
A journalism-driven multimedia company, The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy provide award-winning news coverage to people on college campuses and to nonprofit organizations around the world. Vitae is The Chronicle’s online career hub, which offers free career management tools, a powerful community, and the candid insights that academics need to build successful careers and fulfill their mission.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Marketing Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly