Administrative Assistant, Junior - TS/SCI Required
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance.**
The Administrative Assistant position performs a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic administrative processes to moderately complex and very complex tasks which demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning; organizing; and decision making to fulfill work requirements.
* Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or office
* Answer routine telephone calls; direct calls and take messages
* Greet and escort visitors
* Retrieve; sort; and distribute incoming mail; newspapers; faxes; and other publications/documents
* Arrange for the delivery of outgoing mail/packages with the mailroom
* Prepare travel/training arrangements and process travel/training accounting/vouchers for the program office
* Draft; proofread; edit and coordinate correspondence
* Perform research and retrieve information from databases and other resources
* Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files
* Maintain; update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets
* Assist in planning; scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
* Participate in meetings and events: may serve as recorder and may present position-related information
* Prepare access rosters and request security clearance transfers
* Assist in ordering supplies/equipment and arranging for office equipment repairs
* Perform administrative back up support for other offices
GDIT duties may also include:
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as outside contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Associates Degree preferred.
3.1-3 years of related administrative experience.
Requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
* Ability to communicate effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
* Ability to participate productively as a contributing member in a team environment
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications