Instructional Technologies Administrator, Technology Center Operations - McDonough School of Busine
7 days left
- Full Time
Instructional Technologies Administrator, Technology Center Operations - McDonough School of Business
Located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations, Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business (MSB) develops principled leaders committed to serving both business and society. Through our global perspective, we prepare students to compete in today's international business environment.
The Instructional Technologies Administrator plays a significant role in managing, maintaining, providing and supporting instructional technologies for MSB, in addition to providing network administration and support to faculty, staff, and students. S/he serves as an audio-visual systems and network technician, accomplishing a variety of tasks associated with the maintenance and administration of audio-visual and computer technologies connected to the MSB Network Local Area Network (LAN), including PCs, TVs, and DVRs, ceiling-mounted overhead projectors, video editing suite, video-teleconferencing technologies, computer/video projectors, sound systems, CATV systems, microphones, classroom technologies and camera equipment. Reporting to the Director of IT Operations, the Instructional Technologies Administrator has duties that include but are not limited to:
Individual Instructional Technologies Program
- Works with faculty and staff to evaluate, assess, and select instructional technology resources that are compatible with the Georgetown's technology infrastructure.
- Works with faculty and staff to provide access to technical services and resources at time of need.
- Manages and sets up all requested faculty and staff instructional presentations.
- Provides virtual classroom technology support for programs operating outside of Georgetown even if the University is closed.
- Provides technical expertise in designing physical technology for MSB's distance learning initiative.
- Works seamlessly with contractors to execute live class and office-hours sessions.
Distance Learning Technologies
- Researches requirements and develops technologies to support distance learning technologies
- Trains faculty and staff not only in the operation of distance learning technology, and also in methods for presentation and on-camera performance.
- Coordinates and supports individual distance learning sessions.
- Advises the Director of IT Operations and the CTO in the available options for distance learning technologies.
- Manages the various network protocols to support both distance learning and individual VTC sessions including contracted services for specialized communications.
Instruction and Evaluation
- Reviews instructional technology program and training courses, techniques, and materials to determine current effectiveness and applicability.
- Maintains and improves learning materials, including custom learning materials for faculty, staff, and students.
- Delivers functional learning to faculty and staff of MSB as it relates to instructional technologies.
- Coordinates learning solutions provided by outside vendors.
- Demonstrates on a regular basis the use of technology in the classroom to improve teaching and learning.
Instructional Technology Maintenance
- Performs diagnostic and maintenance actions on MSB systems; performs hardware and software tasks in configuring MSB Instructional Technology systems; and integrates them into the MSB NDS Tree and internet network systems.
- Installs new network and PC systems and upgrade Instructional Technology systems, software or components - to include desktop and laptop computers, classroom presentation, and portable AV equipment.
- Initiates and provides follow up help call procedures to external maintenance support for those problems beyond MSB scope of capabilities.
- Assists all MSB users in the use of all instructional technology hardware and software.
Network Maintenance and Administration
- Assists in the design, maintenance, and administration of network systems, as they relate to networked instructional technologies.
- Performs network installations of software and hardware on both connected PCs and network.
- Installs, configures, and maintains network instructional technology.
- Some college level credits
- At least 3 years work general experience and advance level of skills in technology, education, or management or equivalent education
- At least 1 year experience and demonstrated skills in maintenance and support of computer network and PC systems - preference for specialized experience with Novell NDS management
- Demonstrated skills regarding instructional technology hardware, software, and peripherals
- Demonstrated communication and technology training skills and techniques.
- Demonstrated skills regarding creation of training materials and the distribution of those materials
- Planning and interpersonal skills to provide an environment in which faculty, staff, and students may utilize current technologies to assist in teaching, research, study, and daily administrative tasks
- Detailed knowledge of computer and Local Area Network technologies - in particular network protocols used for video-teleconferencing, such as ISDN, TCP/IP, and H323
- Preference for Novell Certified Network Administrator and/or Certified Technology Specialist
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.