Cyber Security Software Engineer - 1229
The MIL Corporation seeks a Cyber Security Software Engineer to support our Federal Government client at our Lexington Park, Maryland location.
The Cyber Security Software Engineer will become part of the MIL Cyber team, responsible for the execution of MIL's Cyber strategy and supporting MIL's Federal Government clients. Position supports the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Cyber Warfare Detachment (CWD) in the development of software tools for Cyber Risk Assessments (CRA).
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information systems, engineering, scientific or a mathematics-intensive discipline. Four years of relevant experience will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree. Two years of relevant experience with an Associate's degree will be considered the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree
• A minimum of five years of experience working independently and/or as part of a team supporting development of SQL databases and supporting interfaces.
• Certifications which qualify the candidate for IAT II (CCNA Security, Security+ ce, GSEC, and SSCP) or IAM II (CAP, CASP ce, CISM, CISSP, and GSLC) according to DoD Directive 8140.01 which provides the basis for an enterprise-wide solution to train, certify, and manage the DoD Cybersecurity Workforce
• Expertise in Java, Visual Basic, C/C++, and various other shell and scripting languages
• Expertise using Microsoft Access, MySQL, Java and the JavaFX GUI toolkit; to include object creation, visual pathing and GUI development.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have at least an Active SECRET security clearance.
• Demonstrated experience working with senior government officials in a high pressure environment
• Experience conducting tailored development in MySQL and Microsoft Access database environments
• Experience maintaining customer SDKs
• Experience linking databases across multiple security environments
• Active Top Secret clearance with SCI access
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.