Server Administrator (IT)
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
Server Administrator (IT)
H23, $106,187 - $153,917
FT Term, NTE 4 years, 5 months
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Technology Operations Dept. MA-630
Open Until Filled
WHY CHOOSE THE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY?
While finding a job that meets your career goals and pays you well is important, remember that the employer’s benefits may make all the difference. To review benefits information please click here.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other (KSAOs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAOs one (1) through (6) only. The rest of the KSAOs will be assessed during the application process.
In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAOs in a narrative format. We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Management Information Systems (MIS) or a related field providing a strong foundation for success in the DUTIES in this job description, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that totals four years.
2. Eight years of progressively responsible experience in server administration (including supporting and managing servers in a production environment) that includes substantive work in most of the DUTIES in this job description, to include: (a) identifying and analyzing server requirements; planning the design and deployment of new technologies in upgrades and/or consolidations; (b) performing server administration in Linux environments, including Linux kernel configuration, performance monitoring and tuning, multiple Linux distributions, installation, configuration management and patch administration; (c) server administration in Microsoft (MS) Windows environments, including MS Exchange 2007/2010, MS Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 and MS Active Directory design, implementation and support; (d) administration in large-scale Oracle database installations, including e-Business Suite database applications and ERP suite; (e) VMware Infrastructure 5.x/6.x and vSphere administration; (f) providing server administration in a Dell/EMC SAN environment, including design, implementation and support of EMC VNX/Clarion/ Symmetrix arrays and Brocade/McData switches; and (g) working in Symantec Enterprise Vault or equivalent configurations.
NOTE: A fully equivalent combination of education and training beyond what is needed to satisfy MQ 1 above may be substituted for up to two years of these eight years of experience (MQ2). For example, a master’s degree in any field providing a strong foundation for performance of the DUTIES in this job description may be substituted for two years of experience
3. Education, experience or training demonstrating the ability to lead projects or work groups (such as the ability to assign/review immediate tasks to the group led, set the pace and check work in progress or upon completion, all consistent with the group’s goals and other guides) and to work on/with a team as a contributor.
4. A valid state driver’s license in good standing
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1. Storage Networking Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification or Data Center Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification.
2. SNIA Certified Storage Architect (SCSA) from The Storage Networking Industry Association.
3. Certified as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) 2012 or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) 2008/2012.
4. Certified with at least one certification from EMC, Hitachi, Linux Red Hat, or Microsoft Windows Server.
5. Certification training in one or more of the technologies supported such as, Symantec Netbackup, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Dell Storage certification
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the basic qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.