Network Architect - TS/SCI Required
* Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
* Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
* Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
* Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
* Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
* May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
* May perform network administration duties.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* Serves as technical team or task leader.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
Advanced degree preferred
15-20 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
* Utilizes the ITILv3 processes and additional Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for event; incident; and configuration management on Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) and Internet Protocol/Multi-Protocol Label Switching (IP/MPLS) technigues.
* Monitors and investigates Network Management System (NMS) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap data and Syslog messages; troubleshoots network incidents; documents findings; remotely restores services/recommends fix actions; and dispatches maintenance to appropriate organizations if remote restoration is possible.
* Coordinates and implements network changes in accordance with established communications maintenance activity (CMA) processes and procedures.
* Performs traffic engineering (TE) by intelligently manipulating Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) metrics to temporarily alt-route Label Switched Path (LSP) traffic in the event of an incident or CMA.
* Collects relevant information required for vendor Technical Assistance Cases (TACs) and provides engineered solutions where a temporary work around is feasible until failed hardware is processed via Return Maintenance Authorization (RMA).
* Reports Situational Awareness (SA) information to the customer and works to identify business impact in conjunction with technical trouble ticketing documentation.
* Maintains Job Qualification Standard (JQS) requirements and job certification with an implemented Annual Plan of Instruction (APOI) per customer direction in conjunction with DoDD 8570 Requirements.
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
Position also requires Networking/Router/Switch Certification in CCNP and/or JNCIP As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access.
Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nat ure of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI. and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination.