Network Engineer - TS/SCI Required
* Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
* Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
* Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
* Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
* Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
* May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
* May perform network administration duties.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
* Support network maintenance personnel at the including troubleshooting any issue that cannot be handled at the site level.
* Monitor NETS for tickets assigned to the workcenter.
* Monitor OpenView/Operations Manager for unusual network events.
* Support device code upgrades, supporting site personnel doing upgrades, monitoring upgrade status.
* Provide general operational oversite of all router/switch/special devices.
* Create/Maintain network standards related to devices within our scope.
* Support external requests for support based on our Subject Matter Expert (SME) status.
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination.