Principal Network Engineer - TS/SCI Required
The West Operations Lead is responsible for the day-to-day operations & administration of EOS-West to include supervision & hiring actions. Provides operational insight to Program Leadership, operational procedural reviews & updates, process improvement & integration, certification & training program management, reports, and data analysis.
The Net Admin & Adept Troubleshooting position is responsible for the administration, maintenance and management of the operational enterprise network baseline. Supports EMOC staffing surge support as qualified/needed.
* Builds, configures, troubleshoots and integrates new & existing network services to provide service enhancements, application, deployments and infrastructure upgrades.
* Recommends software and hardware enhancements, diagnoses and corrects issues, defines and implements new services with the goal of achieving maximum service uptime and availability for the customers.
* Responsible for monitoring performance and system usage.
* Contributes towards the disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), backup systems, and configurations.
* Conducts network analysis and supports development to keep systems current with changing technologies.
* Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
* Provides technical support and training to end-users.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* May serve as the lead on various projects and mentor more junior co-workers.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
Network Control Specialist/Network Administrator — Network Operations Support
* Subject matter Experts for networks and systems maintained by the 24X7 shift workers, and provide ad hoc bandwidth utilization reports to investigate network congestion.
* Perform administration of the network equipment to include routers, switches, and multiplexers.
* Support configuration and maintenance operational support for Network Management.
* Systems, Operations Manager, Network Node Manager, etc.
* Support/validate the configurations on devices within scope.
* Support/validate OCD entries on devices within scope.
* Provides training and surge support for the EMOC West floor.
* Responsible for overall staffing and qualifications of EMOC West positions.
Network Control Specialist/Network Administrator — Network & Configuration Management
* Support configuration and maintenance operational support for Network Management Systems.
* Support and validate the configurations on devices within scope.
* Support and validate OCD entries on devices within scope.
* Generate/maintain scripts and reports used to validate our baseline.
* Support external requests for support based on our Subject Matter Expert (SME) status
Network Control Specialist/Network Administrator - Network Administrator Router/Switch/Special Devices
* Support network maintenance personnel at the Enterprise level and includes troubleshooting any issue that cannot be handled at the site level.
* Monitor NETS for tickets assigned to the workcenter.
* Monitor Network Node Manager/Operations Manager for unusual network events.
* Support device code upgrades to include testing, creating directions, supporting site personnel doing upgrades, monitoring upgrade status.
* Provide general operational oversite of all router/switch/special devices.
* Create/Maintain network standards related to devices within our scope.
* Provide an interface between our equipment vendors and operations personnel.
* Provide/maintain configuration baseline information as a resource to operational personnel.
* Support device management by maintaining/updating device SNMP strings, passwords, ACLs, etc via network pushes.
* Act as a backstop on network configuration issues.
* Support external requests for support based on our Subject Matter Expert (SME) status.
* Provide Lab support when testing/integrating new devices/configurations.
* Support Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers on each network.
* Leadership Experience
* Strong organizational skills
* Attention to detail
* Solid teamwork skills - the ability to collaborate with & lead others who are conducting research in the same, similar or different areas
* Excellent writing/communication skills
Hours coverage required between the hours of 0600-1800.
Location: Aurora, CO (5% travel requirement)
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+CE is the preferred certification. In addition, must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested.