Systems Administrator - TS/SCI Req'd
* Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
* Maintain system efficiency.
* Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
* Make recommendations for future upgrades.
* Analyze and isolate issues.
* Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
* Evaluate and modify system's performance.
* Maintain integrity of the network; server deployment; and security.
* Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
* Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
* Maintain network servers such as file servers; VPNgateways; intrusion detection systems.
* Administer servers; desktop computers; printers; routers; switches; firewalls; phones; personal digital assistants; smartphones; software deployment; security updates and patches.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
* Active Directory account management
* Windows server 2003\2008 DFS\DFSR knowledge
* Windows 7 troubleshooting and OS deployment
* Application troubleshooting- Outlook; Word; Excel; Java; IE etc
* Participates in special projects as required Position will require on call support and occasional night and weekend work.
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI a nd be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination.