Veterinarian - Naval Medical Research Unit - San Antonio
* Develop and conduct protocol-driven scientific research addressing various aspects of military medicine, including, but not limited to: hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, biomedical systems, and bioassay development
* Provide support for writing protocol-driven research proposal, animal use protocol, technical report, final reports, and peer-reviewed manuscripts
* Evaluate data sets (provided by the government and collected by the contractor).
* Develop presentation materials, research Standard Operating Procedures, and present findings at technical and professional meetings
* Perform study procedures in accordance with IACUC and animal use regulations.
* Set-up experimental equipment and ensure study staff are trained for experimental procedures in accordance with approved animal use protocols
* Provide support in development of establishment of in vivo and in vitro model systems, data acquisition, and data analysis
* Serve as an advisor to contract personnel
* DVM or VMD degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school and licensure to practice veterinary medicine in at least one state of the USA
* Completion of an ACLAM-approved residency training program in Laboratory Animal Medicine
* ACLAM board certification
* Minimum 5 years experience in Laboratory Animal Medicine, including experience with large animal species, Nonhuman primates and surgical models
* Obtain a practitioner’s DEA registration within 6 months of hire
* Thorough knowledge of the principals and practices of veterinary medicine
* Knowledge of, and experience with the specialized equipment and materials used in veterinary medicine
* A thorough knowledge of all rules, regulations, policies and guidelines relating to the use of research animals
* The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department personnel, investigators and research staff, and institutional administrators
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.