Associate Network Engineer - TS SCI
The Network Control Specialist is responsible for remote monitoring & troubleshooting, operations & maintenance, design & development, process development & adherence, event management & incident management of data networks supporting data, voice, video, and radio communication networks.
* Analyzes, manages, and administrates data networks including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems, protocol suites, and configuring communication media for enterprise networking systems.
* Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
* Analyzes network topologies, network traffic, incident, event, and capacity requirements.
* Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
* Will provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
* Will perform network engineering/administration duties.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant networking technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
* Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
* Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
* Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
* Provides recommendations, advice and training to peers and end-users.
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex network problems.
* Will provide work training to less-experienced network personnel.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
0-2 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
* Provides network troubleshooting and technical assistance to customers in support of routing and switching protocols and equipment.
* This position requires 12-hour rotating shifts at a 24x7x365 Global Network Operations Center and requires very little to no supervision
* Supports & executes enterprise network management processes and procedures
* Incorporates industry best practices to daily activities and Standard Operating Procedures (i.e. ITILv3, ISO standards, etc.)
* Analyses WAN/LAN network operations and provides event & incident escalation and resolution
* Investigates and resolves network errors associated with standard networking protocols and services (i.e. SNMP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VPNs, VLANs, SONET, MPLS, etc.)
* Supports and de-conflicts maintenance activities to ensure network availability to end users
* Monitors and investigates Network Management Systems (NMS) trap data and syslog messages, troubleshoots network incidents, documents findings, remotely restores services/recommends fix actions, and dispatches maintenance to appropriate remote facilities if remote restoral isn’t possible
* Configures and troubleshoots bulk encryption devices
* Reports situational awareness information to the customer and works to identify business, mission, and enterprise service impacts while working to restore service
* Maintains Job Qualification Standards requirements and job certification
* Performs Traffic Engineering by intelligently manipulating OSPF metrics to migrate LSP network traffic
* Must be familiar with database concepts as well as common computer languages in support of enterprise messaging systems
* Must cross-train between Positions of Discipline (POD) to provide flexibility to staffing
* Supports Continuity of Operations (COOP) efforts when directed to ensure operations resiliency
Must possess appropriate current DOD Information Assurance (IA) certification to be considered for employment; i.e., CompTIA Security+, or CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ is the preferred certification. In addition, must have the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification within six (6) months of hire date. Due to the sensitive nature of the work performed for this government customer, candidates must be willing to submit to and pass a polygraph.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Due to the sensitive nature of the work performed for this government customer, candidates must be willing to submit to and pass a polygraph.