Systems Administrator - TS/SCI - Ft. Meade, MD
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Tier Level Duties and Responsibilities Defined:
Tier 1 Support:
Answering phone calls; emails; and walk-in requests for IT Support. Creating customer support requests for company level users. Initial troubleshooting of computer conflicts. IT subject matter expert and first responder responsibilities
Tier 2 Support:
Physically responding to Tier 1&2 requests. Performing service desk functions. Troubleshooting takes place at the workstation as well as back-end infrastructure. On site & remote troubleshooting. Software installation for workstations and servers. Account Management. Network Monitoring. Performing information assurance compliance measures.
Tier 3 Support:
Fulfilling upper management assignments. Performing config uration management tasks. IT asset management. Managing resolved IT issues and implementation of policy to prevent future occurrences.
* Maintain classified systems connectivity & repair the loss connection once one should occur
* Ensure customer needs and requests are met on all unclassified and classified networks
* On-Site Troubleshooting of infrastructure; router; switches; servers; file storage; and workstations for Primary and Remote site locations
* Ensure Information Assurance Compliance Measures are met for all unclassified and classified networks
* Support Asset management efforts for primary site location and the 10 remote sites
* In-processing & Out-processing users for the S6 (Account paperwork; establish accounts & passwords; etc.) for all Military; Government and Contractors
* Developing & Implementing IT related solutions to meet Staff requirements
* Creating IT remedy tickets for Unclassified/Classified Networks
* Creating/Maintaining SOP Continuity guides
* Providing Weekly and Monthly status updates/reports
* Providing IT Screening Missions and providing conference support
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
* 2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
* Must have a Security+ CE Day one
* Must have a Microsoft Server 2012 certification day one
* Candidate must be willing to submit to Counterintelligence Polygraph upon customer’s request.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.