Senior Systems Adminstrator, Scripter, TS/SCI Req'd
* Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
* Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
* Sets up administrator and service accounts.
* Maintains system documentation.
* Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
* Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
* Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
* May program in an administrative language.
* Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
* Provides advice and training to end-users.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* Serves as a technical team or task leader.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
* Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification
* Extensive knowledge of implementing and administering Windows 2008/2012
* Demonstrate attention to detail in planning; preparing and developing procedures; and process documents.
* Scripting in PowerShell, Perl, JAVA script, VBscript
* Ability to review technical processes and create scripts to streamline processes
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
* Manage and create scripts for Enterprise
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTia Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI Poly.