Do you enjoy being in the middle of the action? The Chronicle is seeking a dynamic and proactive Office Operations Specialist to play a central role in the operation of our office. In this position, you will act as the face and voice of The Chronicle for customers, visitors, and the key access point to facilities services for staff members. You’ll maintain strong working relationships with company staff as the “go to” person for office services. Additionally, you’ll be a partner to our audience development team by addressing first-line inquiries from subscribers and account holders regarding site licenses, subscriber services, and Chronicle webinars. As such, you will quickly need to become a repository of institutional knowledge to be able to connect your client to the appropriate resource or service.
What you’ll do:
- Be the face and voice of the company to external customers and guests. Know the products and services of the company inside and out to answer questions and provide information to customers and guests.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment to visitors of the organization.
- Provide for security by monitoring who is coming and going from the office and checking people in at the door.
- Proactively manage the reception area being the organizer, detailer and concierge.
- Cross train coworkers for seamless coverage.
- Provide informed customer service through emails from subscribers, account holders, and others to discuss or resolve questions regarding site licenses, subscriber services and Chronicle webinars.
- Provide back-up support to the fulfillment bureau and customer engagement manager through answering phone calls for basic customer service.
- Evaluate calls and transfer to appropriate staff, as necessary.
Facilities Services and Support
- Act as first point of contact for questions from staff members regarding operations and facilities services.
- Proactively manage and monitor service tickets system to make sure tickets are progressing and being closed out.
- Input tickets into Web Help Desk and Carr CMMS for office repairs, maintenance, and meeting support.
- Provide support to staff with keys, fobs, passes, waivers, etc.
Who you are:
- 2 years’ experience with reception or customer service, and office support preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – welcoming, warm and capable phone manner and professional email writing etiquette. Attention to detail is ingrained in everything you do.
- Motivated to seek out information, develop solutions to daily challenges and know when to ask for help to be more efficient.
- Enjoy handling multiple tasks at once and displaying your creative problem solving skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite is required. Sales Force, AMS and WebHelpDesk are a plus.
- Must have the ability to navigate and search in software systems for customer information.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Operations Specialist” in the subject heading. No phone calls, please.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. and offers excellent benefits including 24 paid vacation days a year.