Early Childhood Teacher
2 days left
- Full Time
Job Description: The Teacher is responsible for the cognitive and affective development of each student. The Teacher insures that a child-centered, active lesson is prepared for every area each day. The teacher is responsible for the measurable forward progress of students in cognitive and affective development.
Additional areas of responsibility are creating an active learning environment, facilitating the curriculum, personalizing the curriculum to meet the needs of the students, integrating technology into the classroom, mentoring the associate teacher (when possible), and partnering with staff members, students, parents, and administration.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred in Early Childhood Education and/or Special Education. Meet the appropriate grade level and subject area requirements of a Certified Teacher. Minimum one year of successful classroom teaching experience or student teaching, preferably within an urban school setting (preferred)
Five PRIORITY Abilities Areas:
1. Deep knowledge and experience with effective instructional and behavioral methods
and strategies for educating urban youth.
2. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and rapidly-changing environment
3. Intellectual agility, a commitment to maintaining rigorous standards, and a demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute on multiple priorities simultaneously.
4. Innovative, creative and collaborative problem solver.
5. Experience in working in under resourced communities including the ability to adjust to cultural differences.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Prepares lesson plans based on the approval Eagle curriculum and instructional program. Also prepares tests and classroom activities that will promote an orderly learning experience for the pupil’s progress; encourage pupil self-evaluation. Shows sensitivity to the readiness levels of the children in order to organize the presentation of material for the most effective learning in the various areas of reading, literature, social studies, oral and written language, spelling, handwriting, science, mathematics, music, art, physical education, health and safety.
Apply for Early Childhood Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly