Exceptional Grants Accountant
- Sparks Group, in a joint effort with a local, 75-year old non-profit organization, is seeking a Grants Accountant for contract opportunity in Arlington, VA. The organization offers a great working environment and team-oriented setting. This position will report directly to the CFO!
- Responsible for budgeting and analyzing program expenses, monitoring funds availability, financial reporting, and assisting with annual program budgets
- Review grant applications, cooperative agreements and other grants-related documents for compliance with federal regulations (A-133, A-122, A-110) and grantee policies
- Calculate, reconcile and analyze direct and indirect labor cost allocations
- Assist with the development of federal Indirect Cost Rate Proposal
- Respond to program audit requests, specifically to prepare for and assist with A-133 Audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or relevant field
- 5+ years of comprehensive, full-cycle grants accounting
- Extensive experience with federal, local and private grants
- Strong knowledge in compliance and reporting, particularly with A-133 Audits
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Quick learner, creative, self-started with good judgment and high energy
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group at 703-821-2650 for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!