International Financial Systems Analyst
2 days left
- Full Time
The Henry M Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine is seeking an International Financial Systems Analyst to support the International Accounting team within HJF Finance Department located at Corporate Headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. International Financial Systems Analyst will be responsible for supporting Financial and Procurement systems, trouble-shooting system/data issues, providing technical assistance to users, documenting business processes, streamlining system integrations, testing system upgrades, implementing new functionalities, and developing financial reports.
The successful candidate will leverage his/her Accounting knowledge and specialized IT skills to support and administer the technical aspects of HJFMRI financial systems. The candidate will work in a collaborative environment to support International Accounting team in HJF Headquarters as well as HJFMRI local staff across international sites and work closely with the team on maintaining and improving financial systems. The position reports to the Senior Financial Data and Reporting Analyst.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring the effective international financial systems management.
- Provide support and help administer the operation international financial systems and applications.
- Perform monthly review of transactional activities to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Support International Accounting team in the identification of organizational reporting needs and development of solutions.
- Develop and run ad hoc reports and database queries.
- Continually upgrade system knowledge and skill base of various international financial systems to support process improvements and new organizational initiatives.
- Assist with system design, implementation and integration of new international financial systems.
- Document business processes, create user instructions and prepare training materials.
- Develop tools and reporting templates to streamline financial data management and reporting
- Act as a liaison between HJFMRI international site offices and HJF Headquarters on international financial systems management and data integrity matters.
- Maximize system use and capacity to support current and changing Organization needs
- Monitor external environment for new tools and technological changes to ensure the Organization’s systems remain current and compliant with industry and technology best practices
- Create SOPs to document current procedures and update existing SOPs accordingly, based on changing requirements and conditions.
- Assist with initiating, organizing, completing department projects.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or as otherwise required to successfully manage HJF and HJFMRI international financial operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to work independently and without direct supervision for short periods of time.
- Must be able to identify critical aspects of their job and prioritize multiple competing projects with little or no direct daily guidance from supervisor.
- Must display initiative and possess “self-starter” qualities necessary for success in a fluid and dynamic work environment.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Excel (including VLOOKUPS, SUMIF, pivot tables) and accounting software (QuickBooks Enterprise, Oracle Financials).
- Experience with SQL and Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is preferred.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and a drive to research, learn, and apply new technologies appropriately
- Must possess effective communication skills (written & verbal);
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic team environment; Customer Service Oriented; Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls; Strong research and analysis skills; Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently; Ability to assimilate detailed information into the bigger picture; Excellent organization skills; Ability to manage competing priorities; Ability to generate creative ideas to improve performance.
- Must be committed to high standards of quality, including software documentation and testing
- Work experience within a medical research setting is preferred.
- A high level of analytical skills and strong attention to detail are required
- Training, supervisory and foreign language skills are desirable
International Experience: Both headquarters and field office experience desirable, in the following areas:
- Developing internal controls, policies and procedures for international operations.
- International parent/subsidiary operations involving consolidation and intercompany transactions; accounting for foreign exchange transactions.
- Knowledge of issues facing administration of large federally funded overseas projects.
- Ability to understand the issues faced by program managers responsible for significant expenditures in risky environments such as Africa.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or Information Systems is required
- 3-5 years of work experience and proficient knowledge of general accounting principles and systems internal controls
- Experience working in government grant/contract accounting and financial management is preferred.
- Accounting experience in an international office setting a plus.
Work Environment: Office environment. Required to travel to visit international sites 1-2 times a year.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.