SMS - Curvature is looking for a qualified Field Engineer to provide on-site technical support service(s) that are designed to support the activities of our client's technical engineering staff. The qualified applicant will have basic skills and experience with like equipment to perform basic troubleshooting and parts replacement with some client system engineering assistance. These services are also commonly referred to as on-site "smart hands" technical support. The most frequently requested Engineering Assistance support tasks include the following:
* Escort other client vendors' personnel that require access to secure facilities.
* Manual reboot of server(s) as required under the direction of the system engineer (SE).
* Connect crash cart or diagnostic PC to the local console port of a server and provide information received from the local console to the SE.
* Enter commands on local console as directed by the SE and report results.
* Verify and report condition of server including the following:
o Power; Network connections,
o Peripheral connections,
o Check Status lights,
o Check System message displays,
o Check other diagnostic indicators
* Disconnect/reconnect/relocate cabling and hot swap components as directed by SE.
* Load cleaning tapes or data tapes to internal drives or libraries, as needed for system recovery activities.
* Software IMAC services (Install, Add, Change, De-install).
* Apply provided software patches under direction of SE.
* Equipment IMAC services - setting up racks, rack and stack, install, move, add, and change.
* Decommissioning hard drives / disk array, network disconnects, equipment power off.
Be able to work with minimal direct supervision.
Must cell phone and have a flexible schedule.
Unscheduled overtime and standby is required.
Reliable transportation is a must.
SMS - Curvature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package. Interested, qualified applicants can e-mail their resume to email@example.com