Principal Systems Engineer (Cyber) - TS/SCI
- Full Time
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
* Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
* Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
* Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
* Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
* Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
* Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
* Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
* Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
* Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
* Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
* Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
* Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
* Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
* Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
* Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
* Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
* Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
* Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Comprehensive knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques.
* Certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment. 2
* Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures.
* Requires understanding of firewall theory and configuration.
* Requires understanding of DHS/DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
* Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
* This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Di sabilities.