Network Administrator – Secret - Alexandria
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
* Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
* Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
* Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
* Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
* Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
* Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
* Provides advice and training to end-users.
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
* Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
* Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
* May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
* Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Secret Security Clearance.
* Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
* Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
* This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.