Helpdesk Administrator, Systems
Systems Administrator/Help Desk
Secret\SSBI Clearance is required
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of servers and computers running on one or more operating
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Maintains server documentation
6. Interacts with users, other administrators, and external technical support services.
7. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
8. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
9. Must be familiar with scripts\tools created in an administrative language (VBS, DOS, etc).
10. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
11. Provides advice and training to end-users.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant tec hnologies as assigned.
13. Participates in frequent special projects as required.
14. Understanding of smartphone devices (iPhone and Blackberry) devices and troubleshooting.
15. Understanding of VTC, Tandberg specifically. Able to schedule and connect SIPR, ISDN, and other types of VTCs.
16. Experienced with Windows Server 2003 and 2008. File servers and operating system knowledge.
17. Experienced with SharePoint 2007 and 2010.
18. Strong customer service skills.
19. Strong work ethic. Exercises bring a fast pace, big demands, short suspenses, and extra hours, must be able to work under these conditions periodically.
20. Strong Windows 7/8/10 desktop support skills.
21. Strong desktop imaging skills. SCCM is a must.
22. Strong hardware troubleshooting skills
23. Understanding of Active Directory and AD automation (scripting), create user account, computer objects, etc.
24. Understanding of distribution lists, security groups, nested groups. Scripting for AD is a must.
25. Intermediate understanding of network troubleshooting: Ping, ipconfig, tracert...
26. Position may involve lifting heavy objects, repetitive actions and/or sitting for long periods of time.
Education/Equivalent Training Required
Must meet TESA requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
1. 2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis and Help Desk support.
2. Offer contingent upon receiving TESA approval.
3. Must possess a US security clearance at the Secret\SSBI level and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI level clearance.
4. Must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 90 days of hire.
5. Must obtain CompTIA Security+ certification within 90 days of hire.
6. Must obtain CCENT or MCP/MCTS certification within 6 months of hire.
7. May periodically provide BFT system administration and surge support for exercise requirements.
8. This position may occasionally require some physical activity, lifting objects, bending, crouching down (i.e. to troubleshoot equipment), and long periods of sitting.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.