Project Manager - TS/SCI - Alexandria, VA
* Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
* Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
* Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
* May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
* Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
* Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
* Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
* Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
* Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Must possess a current Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
* Must possess effective management skills.
* Must have effective administrative and organizational skills.
* Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
* May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
* This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides missi on support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.