PRACTICAL NURSING TEACHER
- Degree in nursing education, Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
- Holds a current Registered Nurse license in Virginia.
- Holds or eligible to hold a VEC certificate in practical nursing.
- Has experience as a registered nurse preferably in the adult acute setting.
- Holds current CPR healthcare provider certification.
- Immunizations to practice in the hospital setting.
All reports and reporting procedures go through the Director of Practical Nursing or the Principal.JOB DESCRIPTION: RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches, supervises, advises and evaluates LPN 1 and LPN 2 students in both clinical and classroom environments.
- Instructs assigned classes and prepares lesson plans.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Maintains complete and accurate records as required by law.
- Coordinates with other members of the staff in the selection of instructional materials and planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
- Coordinates shared responsibility for co-curricular activities, serves on the admissions committee to review nursing applicants and serves as advisor to the student organization HOSA.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Practical Nursing and Principal.
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDAPPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Salary Range: Refer to (Based on 2016-2017 Salary Scale)
197 Day Position, 7 hours per day
DAYS: FROM - TO -