Department of Military Partnerships - Veteran Certification Office
Non-Exempt, Regular, 100% Full -Time, Grade 009
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Certification Specialist in the Department of Military Operations - Veteran Certification Office. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Certification Specialist will be responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the Assistant Director for Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Learn and maintain basic knowledge of Department of Veterans' Affairs educational benefits and provide timely and quality services to veterans
- Serve as first point of contact to counsel and advise students and determine disseminate appropriate paperwork to students on veterans' educational benefits
- Assist in the preparation of enrollment certifications
- Perform data entry in PeopleSoft and VAONCE
- Communicate frequently with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors in regards to students' VA Educational Benefits
- Responsible for file management
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent along with four (4) years of relevant experience in the field of customer service and clerical support.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or demonstrated goal towards the completion of a bachelor's degree. Previous experience working in higher education in a student services position, especially working with veterans and active duty military students.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated computer literacy.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.