Responsible for analyzing business requirements and computer systems, designing and developing computer programs and providing computer-automated solutions for the entire agency. Consult with clients and supervisor to analyze and understand functions to be automated, client needs, objectives, desired features and input and output requirements. Write and maintain functional and technical specifications for in-house applications. Analyze and estimate feasibility, time, compatibility with other systems and computer capabilities. Develop and maintain plans outlining steps and time tables for developing, testing and installing applications. Design and code screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printer outputs and interfaces with other systems. Compile, test and verify application programs. Consult with client to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to attain client approval. Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections. Prepare reference for users for in-house developed applications. Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with any HOC application programs. Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and minimum three years of experience or equivalent work experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years experience in systems analysis, database analysis and programming of information systems.
- Minimum of five years experience in each of the following areas: SQL, Java and web application development.
- Knowledge of database tools such as SQL Management Studio, Visual Studio, Access, SQL and Excel
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, database structures, and database management systems including but not limited to SQL and Java database application design.
- Knowledge of design, development, and deployment of applications on physical and virtual servers running under operating systems, including, but not limited to Windows Server 2012.
- Must have experience with data mining.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and be comfortable communicating with all levels of staff including senior management.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and own transportation.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.