- Full Time
Fundraising Program Management
- Strategize with the President & CEO and MD of Programs and External Relations to determine feasibility and sources of funding for programmatic goals;
- Work with the MD of Programs and External Relations to come up with annual revenue projections;
- Work continually to ensure development of diversified funding sources;
- Oversee Major Gifts Officer, Corporate Relations Manager, and Development Coordinator.
- Work with program staff and grantwriting consultant to determine feasibility and sources of funding for programmatic goals through restricted and unrestricted grants;
- Oversee the development and tracking of proposals and reports for all foundation fundraising to meet budget goals;
- Work with the program staff and grantwriting consultant to write and submit proposals;
- Research and determine new foundation prospects, and cultivate current foundation relationships to seek additional funding.
Individual and Corporate Fundraising
- Work with Major Gifts Officer and Corporate Relations Manager to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective major donors, and facilitate donor recognition and stewardship programs’
- Work with Major Gifts Officer and Digital Coordinator to develop online fundraising plan to include email and social media campaigns to attract giving from new individuals;
- Oversee implementation strategy for corporate giving levels and identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new and existing corporate relations for general corporate giving, annual conference sponsorship and awards dinner sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated success in raising money from foundations, individuals, and corporate sources.
Knowledge of political fundraising, a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of various nonprofit legal structures.
- Knowledge and use of CRM databases; knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Must be able to establish, track, and meet deadlines under time pressure.
- Strong initiative, drive for results, and self-assessment skills.
- Ability to lead individuals and teams in setting and achieving challenging goals
- A demonstrated ability to represent the organization and interface with all levels of staff, board, donors, potential donors, and Truman members while maintaining a professional, diplomatic, tactful and helpful attitude and behavior.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a sense of humor.
- Must be flexible to work evenings and extended hours when needed.
- Travel up to 25% of the time may be required.
Apply for Development Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly