Librarian, Counselor, Nurse, and Teaching Positions
Berman Hebrew Academy, a K-12 college prep school of 700 students, is seeking qualified individuals to fill a variety of roles:
- Media Center Specialist / Librarian, full-time
- School Nurse, full-time
- Guidance Counselor, Upper School, full-time
- English Teacher, Upper School, full-time or part-time
- History Teacher, Upper School, part-time
- Mathematics Teacher, Upper School, full-time
Please see below for more information . . .
Media Center Specialist / Librarian, full-time
Seeking someone who loves reading, technology and creativity to take over our all-school Media Center / Library. Responsibilities include overseeing and updating the book collection, monitoring the use of technology in the Media Center for research and for creative purposes, working with students on their research and reading projects, and overseeing the use of the Media Center / Library. Candidates must be proficient in a basic use of computers (internet, Outlook, MS Office) and motivated to learn and adopt new technologies. Knowledge of Hebrew is a plus. A degree in Library Science is preferable but not required. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Annetta Nyland, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
School Nurse, full-time
The desired candidate will have the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Identify and treat students’ health ailments.
- Provide instruction on the maintenance of good health and disease prevention.
- Develop policies, procedures, and work standards for school health program.
- Record immunizations, health finds, and other relevant health data.
- Maintain inventory of medical supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Manage the program budget efficiently.
- Monitor compliance of school health program with federal, state, and local laws/regulations/policies.
- Prepare health reports for the Head of School and Board of Education.
- Correspond with parents on health needs of children.
- Collaborate with other child support personnel.
- Work independently.
Licensing as a Registered Nurse (RN) is preferred, as is experience in pediatrics and/or public health nursing. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Annetta Nyland, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com
Guidance Counselor, Upper School, full-time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Works with students and families to empower them to learn skills to manage their own personal, social, and academic development.
- Observes and listens to the culture of the school, assesses the needs as a whole and designs a comprehensive counseling program that will service all students.
- Mentors teachers in regards to dealing with difficult behavioral, emotional or academic issues they may have regarding a particular student.
- Mediates between students and teachers.
- Develops student success plans that encompass emotional, behavioral, and academic needs and works with the students, families, and teachers to achieve mutual goals.
- Facilitates grade-level student-focused meetings by taking notes and following up on relevant action items determined during the meetings.
- Provides individual, developmental, preventative, remedial, short term and/or crisis counseling.
- Identifies community and school resources, maintains lists and makes referrals as necessary.
- Collaborates with Administration to evaluate and set policies for the Upper School as a member of the Administrative/Guidance Team.
- Creates or implements special programming for Healthy/Holy Living curriculum, LifeSkills Training, Drug & Alcohol Awareness Information Evening, Peer Tutors and Peer Counseling Program.
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, flexibility, creativity and the highest standard of integrity.
- Master's degree in counseling or related field required: 1+ years of experience in a high school setting.
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Annetta Nyland, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
English Teacher, Upper School, full-time or part-time
Seeking an energetic English teacher for 9th-12th grades in a college prep environment. Courses may include AP Literature and AP Language. An MA in English literature or language is preferred. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Annetta Nyland, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com
History Teacher, Upper School, part-time
Seeking an energetic teacher for three periods of history per day (may include American Studies, World History, or AP European History) in a college prep high school environment. A BA in history is required and prior teaching experience is preferred. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Annetta Nyland, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mathematics Teacher, Upper School, full-time
Seeking a knowledgeable individual to teach math to Upper School students in a college prep environment. The ideal candidate is a clear communicator with previous teaching experience, and is readily able to transmit a passion for mathematics to students. Prerequisites include a facility with math through pre-calculus, a collaborative attitude and a willingness to take initiative as well as feedback. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Annetta Nyland, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com