Biomedical Science Writer
Palladian Partners, an Altarum Institute company, seeks a full-time biomedical science/health writer to work at our Silver Spring, MD headquarters. Palladian Partners is a creative communications firm dedicated to disseminating information about new discoveries in health, medicine, and social science to professionals, educators, patients, families, and the public. In this position, you will interact with all levels of staff and use your outstanding editorial and organizational skills on a wide range of print and web projects in support of high-profile clients.
To be considered for this position, you must be equally adept at writing for scientific audiences about the use of zinc finger nucleases in HIV research as you are at writing for the general public about stroke risk factors.
- Conduct research and write web content about a wide range of biomedical research and public health topics
- Interview scientists and thought leaders at major research institutions nationwide
- Contribute to social media and video communications projects
- Write and edit web content, journal articles, news releases, fact sheets, and infographic content
- Attend scientific conferences and summarize proceedings
- Work directly with clients and collaborate with other staff members
- Advanced degree in a life science
- Five+ years of science writing and editing experience
- Ability to translate very technical scientific content into lively prose for lay audiences
- Strong understanding of the difference between writing for print and the web
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver outstanding web and print content on deadline
- Outstanding customer service skills
You’ll Earn Bonus Points if You Have Experience
- Writing about cardiovascular, respiratory, and sleep topics
- Producing social media content
- Writing and editing for low-literacy audiences
- Writing video scripts and speeches
- Attending and writing summaries of scientific meetings
- Writing and editing journal articles
- Working in a government contracting environment
- Supervising and mentoring other writers
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.