Announcement No: MAR17-03
Business Affairs Directorate
Accounting & Contracts Office
Individual needed to support our day-to-day accounting operations and will report directly to the Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare budgets for all proposal submissions
• Assist and serve as a backup to the Payroll Administrator with full cycle payroll processing in Costpoint and Time & Expense
• Assist and serve as a backup to the AP Administrator with accounts payable processing, vendor management, filing, preparing annual 1099 forms and capturing vendor form W-9s
• Assist and serve as a backup to the Senior Accountant with customer billings, receivables and deposits
• Assist in month-end and year-end closings
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
• CPA strongly preferred
• Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
• Proficient using Costpoint in all domains
• Proficient using Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
• Must be organized, detailed-oriented, able to manage time and prioritize projects/information, have good oral and written communication skills, data management skills, and be efficient in organized work habits
• Capable of multitasking and maintain flexibility during heavy work periods
• Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision
• Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines
• Ability to demonstrate team player behavior by working well with others and doing what is needed to reach department goals
HumRRO, a nonprofit organization located near Old Town Alexandria, VA, and Washington, DC, offers exciting challenges and opportunities in a variety of program areas. We are a national leader in providing customized solutions to issues related to strategic human capital management, program evaluation, educational research, program policy and analysis, and other areas that have broad impact.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Excellent benefits package.
When applying please refer to Job Announcement MAR17-03.
Please apply on-line at www.humrro.org or send resume along with cover letter to: HumRRO, Attn: Human Resources, 66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 700, Alexandria, VA 22314: FAX: (703) 548-2861; All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.