Principal Software Engineer - ASP.NET - Secret
This position is at the US BICES Service Center in MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL
Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, and makes significant enhancements to existing software.
* Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
* Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
* Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
* Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
* Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
* Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
* Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Specializes in the coding and development of graphical user interface (GUI) intensive software applications, including thick client, web-based, and mobile applications and text interfaces.
* Participate in the design of software tools and subsystems to support reuse and domain analysis.
* Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Must have experience with:
* .NET 3.5/4.0/4.5
* ASP.NET MVC/Web API
* Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
* Active Directory
* Windows Server 2008/2012
* Internet Information Services (IIS)
* SQL Server 2008/2012/2014
* Familiarity with CSS libraries such as Bootstrap
* Familiarity with SAML and SAML-P standards
* Familiarity with PowerShell Scripting
* Familiarity with Java is useful by not required
Must possess a Secret Security Clearance and be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
Additional specific certifications may be required.
This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.