Sr. Microsoft System Center Service Manager
* Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
* Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
* Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
* Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
* Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
* Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
* Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
* Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility. 10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
* Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
* Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
* Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
* Experience with the installation and administration of Microsoft System Center Service Manager including troubleshooting and problem resolution (required)
* Experience with Provance IT Asset Management (ITAM) and other third-party plug-ins for SCSM (preferred).
* Experience with ITIL Foundations, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Request Management.
* Understanding of the other System Center Products and how they integrate with SCSM, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Orchestrator, System Center Operations Manager, System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
* System Center Orchestrator experience, including development and deployment of Runbooks.
Must possess a Secret Clearance and be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
Additional specific certifications may be required.
This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.