3 days left
- Full Time
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy remains open continuous for three (3) months with a first cut-off date of April 24, 2017 and subsequent cut-off date of May 23, 2017. All qualified applications received by the cut-off dates will be forwarded to the selecting official for review and consideration for the vacancy. A selection may be made at any time during the opening of the announcement.
Selectees may be appointed to these positions under a proposed excepted appointment, which is limited to 3 years and 120 days. Upon completion of this period, you will either be converted to career status or separated based on the expiration of the appointment.
Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
- Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
- Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
- Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
- New York, N.Y. $54,809 (GL-8 step 1), with promotion potential to $75,676 (GL-9 step 10)
- Washington, D.C. $53,088 (GL-8 step 1), with promotion potential to $ 73,300 (GL-9 step 10)
- Occasional Travel
- Relocation Expenses will not be authorized for D.C Relocation Expenses may be authorized for NYC
GL-8: You qualify at the GL-8 level (NYC starting salary $54,809) or (DC starting salary $53,088) if you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GL-7 level performing duties such as: detaining persons and having arrest authority, providing protection for property and facilities, gathering information concerning incidents, accidents and suspicious packages.
GL-9:You qualify at the GL-9 level (NYC starting salary $58,646) or (DC starting salary $56,805) if you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GL-8 level performing duties such as: driving in protective motorcades, serving as part of an emergency response team, instituting security name checks and performing independent investigative functions.
Selective Placement Factor: In addition to the minimum qualifications described above, you must meet the following requirement(s) to be considered qualified for the position:
- Applicant must possess a current valid driver’s license. Please indicate license number, state of license, and expiration date.
Qualifications Must Be Met: The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the cut off date of this announcement.
Conditions of Employment If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Obtain and maintain a top secret clearance. Completion of a single scope background investigation is required before appointment.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so, if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
- Submit to a polygraph examination prior to your appointment.
- Possess a valid state motor vehicle operator's license and maintain a valid license while you occupy the position.
- Carry and use a firearm. Maintaining firearm proficiency is also mandatory. You will be ineligible to occupy this position if at any time you have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, unless you received a pardon or your conviction was expunged or set aside.
- Complete a pre-employment medical examination (including vision, hearing, cardiovascular and mobility of extremities) by an authorized Government physician and be determined physically fit to perform strenuous and physically demanding duties. You will be required to undergo regular physical examinations and to maintain a level of physical fitness in accordance with the standards and policies of this agency.
- In addition, all applicants who are not currently employed in the law enforcement provision of FERS or the Civil Service Retirement System must be less than 40 years of age at the time of entrance on duty. (Unless you have previous service in a Federal Civilian Law Enforcement position covered by special civil service retirement provision, including early or mandatory retirement or are a veteran).
- Successful completion of an 8 week mixed basic training course is required for this position.
- Work requires long hours and extensive physical activity (walking, standing, bending, climbing, lifting and carrying heavy objects), and requires defending oneself and/or others against physical attack(s).
- Work involves high risk of exposure to potentially dangerous situations and hazards inherent in Secret Service Protection.
- Work requires changing shifts, long and irregular hours, weekends, evenings, and holidays and assignments are often changed without prior notice.