Software Developer, Department of Computer Science - Georgetown Colleger
Software Developer, Department of Computer Science - Georgetown College
The Software Developer assists the Principal Investigator with interdisciplinary research supported by the MDI with programming, data analysis, and research support. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Engages in interdisciplinary research related to using Twitter and other open source data sets to advance both methodologies and computer science knowledge.
- Develops algorithms and software that will support this research - and ultimately assist other social scientists on campus.
- Interacts with researchers in the Computer Science department, at MDI, and across the Georgetown campus.
- Bachelor's degree
- Qualified in programming, software development, engineering and writing
- Advanced programming and analytic skills
- Strong technical skills and the ability to understand social science research
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Programming proficiency in JAVA, PYTHON, and C++
- Understanding of basic statistics
- At least 1 year of working experience in Computer Science research and/or development
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.