Field Service Technician, Teleport Operations
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 16726.Teleport Service Center
Location: Fuchsstadt, Germany
Travel %: None
Education: High school or vocational school completed
Experience: At least 1 year of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
The successful candidate will perform routine on-site installation, preventative maintenance, routine repair of electronic and electromechanical equipment and products in a 24x7 Teleport. Will ensure system performance of communications equipment delivers the highest standard of service to our customers. Performs level 1 maintenance restoral actions.
- Testing and successful turn-up of new services by performing installation and configuration of equipment, associated wiring/cabling and administrative requirements as directed/supervised by senior members of the Teleport Operations group or Management.
- Perform basic preventative/periodic maintenance checks of ground station equipment and associated sub-systems.
- Provides routine level 1 maintenance that includes switching of redundant equipment, performing power reset, and verification of equipment configuration. Will receive training in some level 2 maintenance (removal and replacement of equipment).
- Perform basic components of emergency restoral procedures for ground station equipment, including up converters, down converters, HPA's, fiber optic subsystems, LNA/LNB's, antennas, IP and Baseband equipment (modems, multiplexers, DVB and Broadband technology platforms) and video systems.
- Pro-actively monitors the conditions of commercial services and terrestrial facilities, including the status of system alarms including station plant and facility subsystems.
Possess basic working knowledge of Satellite Earth Station technologies relating to Teleport Operations.
Demonstrates general working knowledge of ancillary plant systems such as HVAC, UPS, electrical switchgear and generating systems.
Possess general understanding of RF theory, basic electronics, antenna drive systems, high power amplifiers, Up/Down converters, fiber optic sub-systems, baseband equipment consisting of modems, multiplexers, broadband, IP technologies and video technologies/systems.
Capable of working on various ground station communications systems, performs replacement of major assemblies.
Demonstrates general working knowledge of standard test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, power meters, synthesized generators, oscilloscopes, multimeters, bit error rate test sets.
Able to determine proper methods of testing equipment and RF/IF systems chains
Ability to learn new technologies and services.
Ability to speak and write English.
Ability to speak and write German
Must be able to work 24x7 shift.
General PC skills and the ability to proficiently use “Office Suite” software
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.