Expovision is a full service, convention hotel services management company. Our staff is committed to customer satisfaction and service excellence. Our leading edge technology coupled with our hands-on approach with our staff of professionals allows us to offer a level of service that is unrivaled in the industry. Please visit our website located at www.expovision.com to learn more about us. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Are you looking for a change from the hotel environment and have experience making hotel reservations with a great track record? You found your place!
The primary responsibility of this position focuses on creating reservations from emails and phone requests and forms sent to Expovision’s internal database by event. Duties of the position include the following:
- Manage the standard numbers of reservations made and calls answered during the required time lines and consistently keep up with the call volume demands.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each event and the hotels associated with corresponding conference/event.
- Respond to and follow-up on internal and external guests’ inquiries and requests.
- Produce and maintain a waitlist for each event’s reservations.
- Review rooming lists and hotel lists for discrepancies and reconciliation.
- Participate in departmental standup meetings when scheduled.
- Promote a sense of urgency when completing reservations and project assignments.
- Eventually work with groups to manage reservation requests.
- Handle other departmental tasks as assigned.
Requirements of the position are as follows:
- At least 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in hotel operations, and/or hotel front desk reservations experience required.
- Customer service and/or call center experience a must.
- Strong data entry skills and typing speed of at least 35 words per minute to assist in completing the most essential part of the position - reservation entries into our database.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and multi-tasking ability required.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as fax machines, copiers and multi-line telephones.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Pleasant personality and positive interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility in handling various assignments and projects as needed.
- Reliable attendance record.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.