Legal Quality Control Specialist
3 days left
- Full Time
The Time Entry Quality Control Specialist will promote and enforce the firm’s time entry policies. The position will assist in implementing and monitoring adherence to client specific narrative requirements. The individual will work directly with all levels of timekeepers when invoice submissions to clients are delayed due to non-compliance with set standards. The position may require liaising with client and internal client account specialists to clarify and update time entry requirements.
- Train, orient, and communicate with fee earners on a consistant basis to ensure that and ongoing involvement to ensure the proper time entry training is provided;
- Identify matter supervising partners or clients with complex time entry requirements and work with timekeepers to streamline process, including the creation of task codes or other OCG stipulations;
- Support and enforce the late/missing time program in accordance with the firm’s Business Discipline Mandate;
- Review current Carpe Diem processes to identify areas of improvement or efficiency;
- Review and internally audit time entry to identify areas of weakness;
- Act as a subject matter expert for Carpe Diem upgrades; Identify and introduce all new features to timekeepers;
- Report time entry irregularities and analytics to senior management;
- All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legal Experience as a fee earner preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and work in a team setting
- High level problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and Excel skills required
- Knowledge and experience with legal time entry
- Must have skills in remote management
- Must be able to work independently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work/interact with employees at all levels, including but not limited to billing/finance management and lawyers
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while submitting an accurate work product
Education, Certifications, and/or Experience
- College degree and experience in legal billing preferred; JD desirable.
- Three (3)+ years of financial industry experience required.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., including one hour lunch. Must be flexible to work overtime to complete assignments – including weekends. Limited time off in December and January, except for firm holidays.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status or other factors protected by law.