Software Engineer, Information Solutions
2 days left
- Full Time
Hogan Lovells is one of the leading global law firms. Our distinctive market position is founded on our exceptional breadth of our practice, on deep industry knowledge, and on our 'one team' global approach. Formed through the combination of two top international law firms, Hogan Lovells has over 40 offices in Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and the United States. With a presence in the world's major financial and commercial markets, we are well placed to provide excellent business-oriented advice to our clients locally and internationally. Our people are the key to our success, which is why we seek to recruit and retain the most talented individuals in all regions of our global practice.
The Software Engineering & Architecture (SEA) team operates within the Global Information Management (IM) function. The SEA team provides resources to clients and projects, covering the full range of software engineering and architecture disciplines. SEA is a global team and its members are located in more than one Hogan Lovells business site.
The Software Engineer, Information Solutions is a technical role that has many facets. The Software Engineer will work with current tools and APIs, with a core competency in Apple iOS and/or Google Android application stacks and Mobile Web. This engineer is expected to have a solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle and working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies. The Software Engineer will work on numerous projects, interacting with not only customers but also colleagues around the world such as project managers, business analysts, and other engineers. The position will report to the Director, Software Engineering and Architecture.
This position can be located in Washington, D.C. or Louisville, KY.
This individual will have a combination of technical knowledge, development and implementation experience and interpersonal skills. Critical to this role are good communication skills, and technical skill in applying mobile solution development methodologies and capability with current technologies.
- Utilize software products, tools, frameworks and employ best practices for mobile solutions and other solutions as needed.
- Work closely with project managers, business analysts, and other IT functions in distilling functional requirements into technical designs.
- Demonstrate proficiency and efficiency using relevant mobile programming languages.
- Develop, deploy, and support scalable mobile applications that will run on iOS and Android devices.
Work with UI designers to create apps that conform to iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Google’s Material Design standards.
Support business applications in accordance with the firm’s IT engagement model
- Utilize technology and mobile applications to achieve business goals, cost reduction and improved customer experience;
- Demonstrate proficiency and efficiency using relevant mobile programming languages and stay current with mobile landscape, emerging technology, and industry trends;
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment, both independently and collaboratively;
- Communicate effectively (verbal, written, listening) and demonstrate good interpersonal skills and demeanor; and
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience designing and developing multi-tier, high performance, high availability iOS and/or Android and Mobile Web applications;
- Experience with performance tuning and the tools needed for troubleshooting;
- Secure Software Development Life Cycle (S-SDLC) competency including analysis, design and development using Agile and Rapid Application Development (RAD);
- For iOS development, experience with the following is required - Xcode, Interface Builder, Objective-C, Cocoa, Swift, MVC, View Controllers, View Controller Containment, UITableView, Core Animation, Core Data, NSURLSession, Grand Central Dispatch, NSOperation / NSOperationQueue, Blocks, Storyboards, Auto Layout, App publishing process, Delegation Pattern, Notifications;
- For Android development, experience with the following is required - Java, Android SDK, Layouts and Views, Activities and their lifecycle, CollectionViews, Action Bar; and
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other post-graduate degree in an IT-related area of study desirable.
- Five (5)+ years in a technical role developing, deploying, and testing mobile solutions preferred.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., including one hour for lunch, with flexibility for additional hours as needed.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.