Assistant Marketing Manager, Journals
2 days left
- Full Time
The American Psychological Association (APA), a leading scholarly and professional publisher in the behavioral and social sciences, seeks an experienced and detail-oriented Assistant Marketing Manager to assist in managing the marketing of its expanding APA Journals® program (currently more than 90 journals).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a marketing field, preferably in a publishing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications are critical. Knowledge of design, printing, direct and integrated marketing methods and strategies are important.
- Assists in creating and executing marketing and promotion plans for the APA Journals publishing program in order to maximize subscription sales and extend the program brand. Such plans delineate for the journals product line both strategic and promotional strategies, including product positioning, target markets, competition, market trends, and promotional expenditures by media channel; plans may also include marketing launches for new products and cross-product marketing initiatives.
- Under direction of the Marketing Manager, Electronic & Print Publications assists in creating and coordinating annual budget, identifies cost-effective approaches and tracks expenses for and results of all marketing activities.
- Assists in oversight of internal and external marketing communications (including direct mail, email, electronic promotions, advertising, publicity, product marketing collateral, etc.) to increase paid new/renewal subscriptions from among APA members, other professionals, and institutions, as well as to promote co-publishing partnerships, solicit journal manuscript submissions, and communicate with subscription vendors.
- Collaborates with other marketing groups for cross-product line marketing planning.
- Occasional travel to conferences and vendor offices.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.