responsible for implementing and managing the policies, regulations, and procedures of the District to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe child-centered learning environment that meets and exceed Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) Standards, following the approved curricula and directive of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires from School Principal work collaboratively to lead and nurture all members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents, members of the community, and colleagues in other districts and schools. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for planning, curriculum development, program evaluation, extracurricular activities, personnel management, financial management, emergency procedures, resource scheduling, and facilities operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the instructional leader and demonstrates authentic leadership skills, capable of making tough decisions and leading a cohesive team. Is present and visible to students and teachers around the school.
- Plans, designs, and conducts follow-through strategies pertaining to curriculum development, and the implementation of instructional programs and activities designed to meet the needs of student and the educational community.
- Leads school and decision making process to ensure the development of a comprehensive School Improvement Plan with annual student achievement targets, supported by parents, staff, and community members.
- Establish the master schedule for instructional programs, ensuring sequential learning experiences for students.
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
- Ensure that the instructional programs engage the learner in tasks that require analytical and critical thinking, questioning the known, problem solving and creativity, that they address the range of skills and developmental needs found in the classroom, that they encourage the student to define individual goals and accept responsibility for learning, and that they provide a variety of methods for the student to demonstrate performance and achievement.
- Manages, supervises, observes, and conducts staff professional development and staff training programs which identify and encourage leadership potential.
- Researches alternate funding sources for the purpose of maintaining the efficient operation of the school.
- Serves on district committees and in district leadership roles for the purpose of achieving the goals of the School Development Plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in job related area (Education)
- Principal Certificate or Licenses (4 - 6 years)
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required. Must have leadership experience.
- More than 6 year Experience.