Data Center Infrastructure Systems Architect
7 days left
- Full Time
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. 1. Researches, designs, and develops Data Center Solutions including Systems, Networking, Storage, IA, and EMS for large scale, multi-site solutions. Expert in current industry Data Center capabilities and functionality including; consolidation, virtualization (systems, storage and networking), applications virtualization, and cloud design. Experienced in service automation and provisioning, power consumption and distribution, cooling and floor loading. Understanding of Data Center implementation planning and sequencing, Development, Test and Government Accreditation process, Applications Migration, Data and User transition, Centralized Systems Operations, Backup, COOP, and other ITIL process disciplines that contribute to Total Cost of Ownership.
- Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications as well as be most cost effective. Evaluating and documenting Data Center design alternatives, and Cloud design alternatives and qualifying efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models that may include logic design, I/O design, model formulation, and development cost projections.
- Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
- Conduct trade off analysis to identify cost effective means to staff and operate designed services. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Perform Client Assessment. Must be able to collaborate with key stakeholders assessing a client's As-Is environment, construct a To-Be vision based on strategic goals, and a road-map to achieve the To-Be vision based on a Cloud Architect scalability
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Identify mechanisms to efficiently transition customers from legacy solutions to system solution designs being proposed. To include transition from legacy identify management systems without loss of service.
- May be bid as Key Personnel in Solution Delivery.
- Can serve as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Experience understanding and identifying customer "hot buttons" and developing a plan/approach that addresses each.
- Experience leading and building team consensus and conveying the necessary messages in a compelling proposal volume.
- Expert knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Design Experience in large scale, enterprise-wide systems, providing user facing core IT services such as virtualized cloud architectures, virtual desktop, email, unified communications, or related Enterprise productivity applications.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Specific Experience in VoiP telephony and videoteleconferencing highly desired.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment such as VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, Unified Communications products