Systems Engineer (Data)- Polygraph
Provide systems engineering support to a suite of tools and services for storing, tagging, cataloging, searching, disseminating, and managing data.
- Develop recommendations for improvements to existing and planned tools and services to comply with Sponsor and IC standards and specifications for data and metadata
- Develop understanding of customers’ complex data relationships, data quality issues, data improvement needs and propose solutions for addressing the challenges
- Develop and maintain Conceptual and Logical Data Models
- Evaluate metrics for tools/services and processes and provide recommendations for improved data management operations
- Conduct outreach to mission partners to answer questions and provide technical support for data tools and services. Coordinate support with internal and external partners as needed
- Apply communication, analytic and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve data related issues
- Work with the customer to define and document current and future Business Process workflows
- Analyze data lifecycles and identify opportunities for incremental improvements
- Represent team to engineering boards, working groups, and end-user organizations
- Serve as liaison with customers; participate in meetings to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Participate in Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) with customers, architects, and developers to provide input to technical solutions and help shape future plans
- Prepare engineering diagrams and technical documentation
- Work with development teams to facilitate the development of technical documentation
- Review and provide feedback on documentation (SOPs, SLAs, User Guides, Business Processes, Training Materials)
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Participate in team planning and reporting activities using Agile methodologies and tools
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
The team is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer with prior experience in the implementation of tools and services that adhere to Sponsor or IC data handling, tagging, compliance, and security requirements.
* Prior experience performing data assessments, data engineering, and modeling
* Experience in the areas of data management, data analysis, and dissemination and distribution
* Experience supporting Intelligence, DoD, or DHS Customers
* Knowledge of ODNI XML data formats including: Trusted Data Format (TDF), Intelligence Publications (PUBS), Information Security Marking Metadata (ISM)
* Knowledge of IC Cloud Architectures and solutions
* Understanding of the design and operation of data catalogs
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
* Ability to participate in a team that is using Agile methodologies and tools
* Proficiency with using Visio to develop engineering diagrams
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Experience working on the design, implementation, and operation of data catalogs
* Experience training users
* Experience working with IC Cloud Architectures
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.