Data Center Infrastructure Systems Architect
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Researches, designs, and develops Data Center Solutions including Systems, Networking, Storage, IA, and EMS for large scale, multi-site solutions. Expert in current industry Data Center capabilities and functionality including; consolidation, virtualization (systems, storage and networking), applications virtualization, and cloud design. Experienced in service automation and provisioning, power consumption and distribution, cooling and floor loading. Understanding of Data Center implementation planning and sequencing, Development, Test and Government Accreditation process, Applications Migration, Data and User transition, Centralized Systems Operations, Backup, COOP, and other ITIL process disciplines that contribute to Total Cost of Ownership.
2. Leads the development of compliant, clear, and compelling proposal content to support capture of large systems integration and delivery efforts. Artifacts include proposal response volumes, Systems Architectures, System Development Packages, BoMs.
3. Leads development of the Service Delivery CONOPS for Data Center Solutions. Artifacts include proposal response volumes, Systems Delivery Plans, Organization Charts, Staffing Estimates, BoEs.
4. Contributes to Sales efforts and creation of specific White Papers and Demonstration content to identify and leverage GDIT existing capabilities into new accounts.
* Bachelors Degree or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Masters degree preferred.
* 15-20 years of related experience.
* Experience understanding and identifying customer "hot buttons" and developing a plan/approach that addresses each.
* Experience leading and building team consensus and conveying the necessary messages in a compelling proposal volume.
* Expert knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
* Design Experience in large scale, enterprise-wide systems, providing user facing core IT services such as virtualized cloud architectures, virtual desktop, email, unified communications, or related Enterprise productivity applications.
* Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
* Specific Experience in VoiP telephony and videoteleconferencing highly desired.
* Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment such as VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, Unified Communications products
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.